Backpacking is one of the most common forms of low-cost independent travelling. You have to pack up everything in a rucksack and travel; as you will carry the backpack for quite a chunk of time, you have to pack everything you need, but nothing you don’t. Here is a checklist for the 10 must haves while backpacking.
- Navigation – travelling always requires some kind of navigation. Whether it be a physical map (though let’s be honest – most people don’t use that anymore) or a GPS, it is vital you carry some kind of navigation around.
- Sun Protection or Insulation – This depends on where and when you are going backpacking.
- First – Aid Supplies – Yep, you do not want to be bleeding on the road or spend the rest of your trip with an open cut.
- Fire – Not an actual fire, but something to create fire such as matchsticks or a fire-starter kit with a waterproof container.
- Nutrition – you do not want to starve do you?
- Hydration – water bottles and a water-filtering system.
- Emergency Shelter – Like a tent or something, so if you do not find a shelter you can camp.
- Money – sometimes money can buy you things!
- Clothes and personal hygiene products – you do not want to be dirty through the whole trip right?
- A Backpack – well duh!?!
Featured image rights go to HuffingtonPost.
We won't spam you!